Make Holiday Memories with Seniors
Take on these simple projects with seniors to make special holiday memories together this season. The crafts are easy and fun.
Part of the joy of the holidays is making memories together. Senior mobility and energy may be limited, but making simple crafts at home are special ways to brighten the holidays.
5 Nostalgic Projects to Make This Holiday Season
These crafts are fit for seniors because they are calm and simple. They’re also nostalgic, adding joy to the time spent making them. Seniors might also enjoy making these crafts to give as gifts over the holidays.
- Recycled Card BookmarksUse ribbon, glue, and old Christmas cards to make simple bookmarks.
- Mason Jar Snow GlobesEncourage seniors to put knick-knacks collected over the years in their mason jar snow globes. Only a few materials are needed.
- Memento Ornaments Clear, hollow ornaments can be fun to fill with special mementos. These are often valued as priceless memory holders and conversation pieces.
- Scrapbooks/Photo AlbumsGood old-fashioned scrapbooking allows seniors to reminisce and share stories with a sense of purpose and delight.
- Needlework/Sewing ProjectsThere are a ton of easy, fast, adult crafts seniors can make using fabric, needle, and thread (or yarn). Search online for adult sewing ideas and directions.
Simple, Decorative Holiday Crafts Seniors Will Love
Being able to decorate or make decorations to give as gifts can brighten the holidays for seniors. Decorative items seniors can easily make include:
Check sites like goodhousekeeping.com or countryliving.com and look up holiday craft ideas.